Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sound Healing


 So today I had a sound healing massage, and it was amazing! My client and friend licensed HHP therapist Kerri Finnecy talked me into trying it. Not sure what to expect, I just tried to relax and hope for the best...to become calm and stress free. I don't usually get massages but I figured I would give it a go. She started with the overall massage, then turned on the sound healing part. The sound came from within the actual table and moved like an ocean wave through my body. It was low frequency (bass) but turned down to a very relaxing level. The sounds that played on the therapy CD she used for me were to help balance my brain waves and give me balance as well as reduce stress. The sounds that I heard were somewhat tribal sounding, as if I were before a shaman in some sort of ritualistic situation. The longer the sounds went on the further into a very relaxed trancelike state I went. The vibrations of the music changed, and now I lie there with beautiful atmospheric music as if I have traveled far into the universe with geometric shapes in my mind, I felt all of my stress float away beyond me into space. Well...at least that's what I imagined in that moment, and it was peaceful. Definetely something all of us should try at least once...Pretty relaxing!  


Sound healing is a kind of therapy that aims to improve one’s overall health through the use of music and sound. As a matter of fact, it is also called music therapy. Sound healing is a common practice used in holistic clinics.
The basis of sound healing can be traced back to the ancient times. They believed that, using music, one can unblock the channels of energy that may have been blocked for one reason or another. When these channels, or chakras, are blocked, various health conditions may arise. Due to blocked chakras, people can experience an imbalance in their lives. With sound healing, the chakras can be unblocked, and balance can be restored.
While the idea of sound healing and blocked energy flows may sound to be too mystical for some people, there is actual evidence supporting the positive effect that music can have on people. Pregnant women, for example, are encouraged to expose their babies to music while in the womb. This is due to the positive contribution that music can have on the babies. People who are stressed and need to unwind listen to music - whether or not they do so consciously, the positive effects are there.

An important thing to understand about sound healing is that its proponents do not tout is as a direct cure to illnesses. Instead, sound healing aims to help restore balance to a person’s overall health. The ultimate aim then, is that physical healing will be facilitated due to the restoration of balance.Sound Healing, through various techniques Imagesand technologies, is the educated and conscious use of the energy of sound to reach identified goals and promote immune system health.

No comments:

Post a Comment