Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dining Room Take 2

Here is the dining room take 2. We chose a color called "Eiffel Tower" by Olympic Paint that actually changes throughout the day from a cool to a warm taupish gray at night. I really liked the way the paint went on it was really nice coverage and I didn't use as much as most paints ( I did two coats with only 3 quartes of a gallon) The painting actually glows at night in front of the paint color (instead of blending in like it did before with the gold metallic paint.) I am very happy with the results. OK, so I chose to paint the mirror by priming it first with a latex based primer. Then I chose three different colors of spray paint to give the color the same effect as a pot that I had I figured I would layer the colors. After I achieved the color I wanted and letting the paint completely dry I then went over it with a  antique gold  that I applied with my fingers to give it more of an aged effect. The color came out really nice. Then behind the candle sconces hanging on the back wall I used silver guilding paint in metallic and taped off the design I wanted and painted inside the tape. Now the candles give off a nice bright glow in the evening but it's really subtle during the day..








Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment