Tuesday, September 7, 2010

R.I.P. Mike Edwards of ELO.......

One of my favorite movies of all time when I was a kid was Xanadu. Nothing compared to the completely insane, magical, mystical world where people jumped out of murals, came to life and started roller skating to an entire amazing ELO soundtrack. Olivia Newton John was definately by far my childhood idol, with her beautiful flowy dresses accented with leg warmers, to her fantastic voice, that made me want to sing into my hairbrush for hours on end. Mike Edwards who founded ELO... thank you for your collaboration on Xanadu, without the incredibly perfect soundtrack to this movie, it never would have been as good as it was  and I never would have roller skated my little heart out fantasizing about being Keira while singing all the songs at the top of my lungs in the carport of our apartment complex.....R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment