Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Before and After Dining Room....

So my wall decals arrived, and upon reading the instructions and preparing my dining room wall for application, the product itself was not as easy to apply. Not sure if the backing on the decal, during the long trip from Canada  got so sticky it would not come off? Or that the decals themselves were poorly manufactured. I have seen them applied many times on HGTV and it looked very easy to me! After about an hour of application, painstakingly smoothing the bubbles, and finally coming to the conclusion that they weren't sticking properly to the wall, we had to come up with a plan B. I decided I was going to try and think positive...at least we had the general shape we needed, why not make a stencil out of it and then paint the trees onto the wall. So that's what I did, and it came out pretty nice..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment